Monday, February 16, 2009

And on the cycling front...

I took the Zilioli out for a spin yesterday just to give it another go after almost 5 years in the basement. I put the old tubulars back on it, which may ultimately be a mistake since they are really dried out. They held air so why not give 'em a go.

It was cold and what I've noticed is that I can't ride well in the cold. Every year I complain about not being in shape at all, and it turns out that once it warms up I have no problem. We've had a few warmer days this year where you didn't need a jacket and I felt fine, and the next day it'll be colder and my legs feel like lead.

Cleaned up the Kuota too, and it rides great. This is still my primary ride. The other 2 steel road bikes just don't do it for me even if they look great.

So far this year I've only done Prospect Park, so nothing to really talk about. I haven't even made it into Manhattan or Williamsburg. Soon enough it'll be spring... But first, my lager has to finish. I need the cold weather to do it.

No comments: